Monday, October 5, 2009

Food on my mind

Apocalyptic movies have taken imagination to the wildest boundaries. The depiction of catastrophe becomes absolute,mind numbing and oddly entertaining.

Now if I were to make an original apocalyptic movie, my central character would be 'Food'.

To say that I am fond of food is an understatement. And I can't think of existing without something fresh and yummy to consume.

This particular video gave me a concept or theme where the world could end if better ways at conceptualising systems to produce, procure, transport and dispose food is not in place. Here is where my introduction on apocalypse comes into play. What would life be if we didn't know where our food came from and if we were to run out of food due to the shift in populace from rural to urban environments continued at the rapid pace it is at?

Can you imagine that day when there would be a war for food?

My point of view may seem extreme but watch this video as there definitely exists a possibility.

http://www.ted.com/talks/carolyn_steel_how_food_shapes_our_cities.html

No comments: